Friday, July 01, 2005

der da dod













Had a great day making a large cake in the shape of a house for Fug's teacher's party. I say that, as it seemed to take all day, although some of that consisted of messing about with pea sticks and bean poles in the garden and then quickly having to wash the mud off my hands to check on the oven (baking and gardening don't mix all that well, do they?). By the time it was nearly ready I couldn't work out what was mud and what was chocolate on Allie. I came back in the kitchen after switching wash loads to find him covered in cocoa- he was determined to join in the cake mixing and had grabbed the nearest things he could get. He kept saying "der da dod" in the intonation of "o my god" which I had not said, but I think Fugs must have said it!

Maeve finally had her brace taken out today! She will get a retainer to wear at night, but has been looking forward to eating corn on the cob.

Fugs realised he could make the number 4 and letter A out af a piece of pampas grass. When I was icing writing onto the cake he recognised the capital A. (I hasten to add that I most definately had no time for teaching him to read today, good job he is doing it himself ;) )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home