Saturday, June 25, 2005

plastic macrame, that tent

Well today went prety well. I managed to get Jem off early and spent the rest of the morning getting ready to go to music group, ie getting lunches ready, while the two pyjama'd boys played happily with Duplo and sticklebricks, which now still adorn the living room floor. Not that I'm stepping in it as I have had to return the the "office", with is pretty cosy as offices go, as the wireless networking is notworking on this computer, or my laptop in the kitchen, which has been a pain over the last few days. So I am now "plugged in", but still on the sofa, hee hee.
We arrived a bit late to music group, after picking Jem up, and getting stuck in roadworks. The music was already going on, and was quite nice, involving lots of percussion and singing. Someone brought and played an amazing French (Breton?) instrument, which I can't remember the name of, beginning with b. Later we got our Scoobies out, which we had called in at the pound shop. I think I'm beginning to understand the nature of scoobie. It's basically macrame with plastic, right? Well, macrame I can do: I did it in the 70's with string.
On the way back we stopped at J and E's, as they had not made it to music. E was just about to go and buy a tent she had seen in a small ad. When they were all playing happily she poped out on her own to get it. Jem started to moan about being hungry so I decided to take them all to the chippy, as promised. Of course we passed E on her way back, but she dropped the car off and joined us on foot. We decided to eat them at "the christmas tree", an enclosed bit with a tree in it, as I was worried about Allie running into the road from the table thoughtfully placed outside the chippy. From there it was only a short walk to the park... we only set of back when it started to rain. We all needed a drink after that so went back into E's for a look at the new tent.
Well, she though she was buying a 6-person tent. What she actually got was an 8 person tent! fro 2 people! it was so massive, and looks amazing. It is actually the exactly the same tent as ours, only twice as big! No, 3 times as big, because it has a living area in between the 2 bedrooms. They were tryng to persuade us into going camping this weekend to try it out. We could all fit in it! but we could take ours as well, and stick them together! We could be out of the house for M's party. So I'm just thinking of where we could go. Weather forecast?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

short distance: try Lime Tree Park in Buxton and go take a walk in the Goyt Valley and visit the caverns at Buxton and Castleton .... or longer distance ... Trericket Mill near Builth Wells/Hay-On-Wye ... quite a drive, but they have an outdoors kitchen!!! and great fascilities and lovely walking.... also a wacky bridge you can go over which can only take one car at a time (a covered suspension bridge?) ... and of course lots of bookshops (Hay) or the beacons (Brecon). ... both available to look at online.
Have fun!!!

12:18 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

thanks for tips- we didnt go camping- I dont know how I thought I could possibly abandon my baby on her 18th birthday!

10:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home