Monday, June 27, 2005

crazy monday afternoon





The rest of the day was better- it was one of those days where I don't really come round till later and I am totally grumpy with anyone who gets in my way... A couple of coffees later and I finally managed to sit down in the sun by about half 4ish, with my new scoubidou instructions and have a go at the square knot- easy, done that one, next...Must get out some string or hemp twine...stop me when I start making one of those owl picture wall hangings with wooden beads....(mmm, I've got some of those from an old carseat cover.......Stop it!).
Had nice tea in the garden- I had to make it as no-one else would go inside, but I didn't spend much time on it and got helpers to carry it out. I let them go in the paddling pools after tea- (I didnt know I was not letting them until someone said, can we go in the paddling pool now?) They always go really bonkers so I have to be in the frame of mind to be able to deal with it and I can't just leave them to it as Allie is too small. He caterpaults himself into the one with high sides, and he went down the slide into the water today!
I did Jem's hair tonight and she had lice! And I only checked it thoroughly on Saturday! And, apart from ballet, where all the children are spread out, with hair in buns, she had only seen the two children who turned up yesterday afternoon on bikes, who didn't stay very long, so it was a bit unexpected, and I had already checked Fugs. What a pain.
I actually spoke to someone about willow this evening. I phoned her about something else that she just so happened to ask Brendan about yesterday in town. She lives quite near to me and she offered to give me some cuttings! And she has two different sorts. Hopefully I can get some more tips from her as she is into permaculture and biodynamic gardening.
Tomorrow morning we are going on a steam train trip, and then some friends are coming round in the afternoon to play.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

no! but they still haunt me..... I used to do those hanging plant-pot holders, though.

10:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home