Thursday, June 30, 2005

busy day...taking control

I asked Allie whether he wanted to go on the potty last night, and he did show an interest a bit later on. But I don't remember adding, "and please hit me over the head with the potty while I am sleeping at 5am". This is how my day began. However, it did turn out to be quite a good day, despite the sleep deprivation, which sent me into hysterical laughter at anything I found vaguely funny, even if no-one else did, like my own jokes.
I managed to to a combined trip to Halifax with Maeve and Allie, in which we bought a dishwasher-yes, I finally caved in after I couldn't not finish the mountain of washing up created on Tuesday. I managed to get a AAA rated one for under £200, and it took me about 5 minutes to decide! It's coming on Monday! Horray! We also took down her work at college, she got a merit, by the way, and Pete's work and cram in all in the back seat with her, so as to make room for the shopping! We called at LIDL on the way back, for necessities plus a camping stove, which I didn't know I wanted, but I am planning on camping at some point....(actually, I'd really like a camper van- we could go on holiday- any time, now we are liberated from the school terms-horray, again). I just had time to nip in at home to drop off all the stuff and have a quick coffee and some lunch, (which I had completely forgotton about, poor baby, no wonder he was drooling over all the food and had to sample everything!), before picking the others up, which I did quite cheerfully now I've sorted out the giving notice thing. I even had a chat with Jem's music teacher about which songs they have been doing, after realising that I only have a few weeks to glean as much of this sort of info as I can. She plays the guitar and does the sort of stuff that I did at school for a short time in the 70's, when I had a folky teacher.
Allie proudly wore his new floral souwester hat and rain mac that I found in the cupboard last night and he wanted to wear to bed, complete with oversized wellies. On the way back I had to stop off for a couple more things and we called at the Quentin Blake exhibition which we decided to go back to another day because it was fun recognising some of the characters (from Roald Dahl books) and meeting new ones.
At tea time I realised it was the end of the month and asked the dreaded question: has the mortgage been paid? ...then realised the only thing to do was to pay it myself, so I just did- online! it was very nice not having to go through any call centres or annoying phonecalls (I was not sure how I was going to do it in time, as I have been threatened with further action next time it was late). Once I had remembered my password and set it all up, it was really easy, and felt so glad that it has been done. This is where me and DP really differ: I feel better when big things like this are kept on top of. I need things to be in order.
Anyway, I really should be in bed, as it won't be long before I'm being hit on the head with a potty again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home