Thursday, July 07, 2005

fire and water, continued

Where was I? O yes, Tuesday, I had gone out to escape the soot and dust horror, in the driving rain, and was returning back via a scenic route, avoiding the rushhour/roadworks gridlock, when the car broke down. It was 6 o'clock and we hadn't eaten since our half-hearted attempt at lunch on the wet patio. I called at the nearest house and phoned the rescue service. They came in half an hour and then spent another half hour trying to fix it. He then towed the car home. It was some sort of electrical thing, but a bit of a mystery to all concerned. It was fine yesterday, on two separate journeys, but today it started flickering on and off again and kept stalling. Strange. I still made it to the supermarket and back with all the shopping, although I didn't dare stop on the way back, and was quite stressed at the thought of breaking down again. The radio won't work now and I can't remember the code.
Anyway, we continued to be harrased by British Gas until last night, when they seem to have finally accepted the payment. It turns out that the sort-code details had been entered wrongly when paying the bill by internet. Also there had been some confusion (for the last 4 years) as the name of our house was two seperate words on one account, and all one word on another, although there is no other house with the same name in this country, probably the world. Argh! (Why doesn't somebody tell someone, somewhere, that computers cannot do the job of people as they make even the stupidest mistakes that have ridiculous knock-on effects). I don't even want to go there as to why the bank details were wrong. Especially as today I got a letter from the bank saying that my mortgage payment had been sent back. I had entered the sort-code details wrong- woops. I tried to pay it again but I couldn't log in as, although I had finally remembered my password, I could not answer the security question: what is your favourite meal or restuarant? what? I can't answer that! I dont remember even giving an answer to this question. I hate all this. The amount of stress generated by just trying to live just makes me want to run away to Tierra del Fuego! New Zealand seems suddenly appealing, as does Ireland, and Cananda.
So, what I can't work out is, with all this going on, fire and water, confused energy systems, mixed-up communications, what is the world trying to tell me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home