Monday, April 18, 2005

Parachuting-I think we will get better at this, with practice. There were enough people to do it this time. We did a mushroom, and the usual running underneath, and tossing balls up. They did enjoy it. In fact I think we may be able to go again!

On the way home we decided to call in at LIDL to get juice, but ended up with more than I bargained for: a tent/tunnel/teepee, another toolset (now we have all 3), some shoes for Brendan! (lol- I hope they fit, but I have measured them against his old ones, which are discarded outside the door, all worn out!), a lovely bubblegum pink towel for Maeve, plus loads of 1/2 price veg, eg avocados and baking potatoes, which we had for tea. This (having baked potatoes in the oven for an hour or so) freed me up to assemble the said tent/tunnel/teepee and try to anchor it down so it didn't blow away. It has been a miserable, rainy, windy day, but it wasn't too bad when we got back, which is a good job, as it didn't all fit in the living room.

I was given the option of Brendan coming home at about 1/2 past 8 or not at all, so I told him not to bother, so he could be earlier tomorrow. But it did take me rather a long time to get them all to bed, although I'm not sure if it would have made much difference if he had come back, as it tends to delay proceedings somewhat, as they get all excited just as they were settling down to bed. Well, it has been a busy day, but we don't have to get up for anything particular tomorrow, except, perhaps, to beat the half-day closing of the library, and possibly the wholefood shop in Tod, to which I have promised them a visit. What kind of children get excited about a wholefood shop? Maybe they don't know what it is?

3 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

The wholefood shop in Tod is a great place! **I** get excited about going there!
Was great to see you at the meeting. Glad you put some pics up! Was nice to see those too :)

10:59 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

I have more pics- these were the ones with unidenteifiable faces! Shall I put them on the WYHEC? I'm not sure if I know how. Going to have a quiet day today- need to recover!

11:40 am  
Blogger Gill said...

Glad you put them on WYHEC, they look great!
It took us most of yesterday to recover too!

8:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home