Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Yesterday afternoon we went for a walk up to the local riding stables as I couldn't get through on the phone and we were thinking about Jem doing some riding lessons. She didn't like the idea of woodcraft folk, for some reason, and I had said she could possibly do horse riding when the weather got better, but I hadn't realised how expensive it was. Now we have been there she is really keen on the idea and we have booked a lesson this week. Fugs was too little to do it so he'll have to watch.
It was a nice walk, anyway. Allie walked part of the way back, very slowly, pointing at things, like dandelions and throwing stones into puddles. Fugs found a dead bird on the park and carried it all the way home. We tried to identify it, and I thought it must be a green finch, as there are plenty of those around here, but it must have been a young one, as the markings weren't very clear. Allie was also very interested in holding it. I suggested burying it, but Fugs wanted to put it up in a tree.
I was ispired by the making of domes I have seen, and think perhaps that Fugs may like to progress onto that from his constructions out of string and bamboo. I've wanted to built a dome in the garden for some time, or a willow structure, but it is the wrong time of year for planting willow now, it always seems to be here- its either frozen or too near to summer.
At playgroup this morning I was again inspired to make something- woolly knitted gnomes. I don't know if I'll ever get round to it though. I managed to reclaim one of my dish-drainers from there, now we haven't got a dishwasher. I think I need a bigger one with layers as we only have a single drainer and this kitchen wasn't designed for hand-washing-up for 7 people.
Well, that's about as interesting as it gets today, I'm afraid, it's a bit of a dull day today. I cant work out whether that's a wood pidgeon I can hear or Allie waking up! No it's definately a wood pidgeon, or a dove.

5 Comments:

Blogger a said...

LOL nice to have a daughter who might even occasionally sound like a woodpigeon when she wakes up! Could be a lot worse!
Ali

3:16 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

Blimey, you've had a busy few days!
I love the sound of wood pidgeons!
& Fugs' webs are *very* intriguing, aren't they?

4:43 pm  
Blogger Jax Blunt said...

The dome thing was great fun - looks like we're doing it all over again in Chesterfield in a month, but that might be a bit far for you to travel ;)

Someone else at our Monday group said that she had a semi-permanent one made out of wood (broom handles) that they used as a tent pre children, but they aren't sure how it's going to work now as there isn't room for children and wood in the car iyswim.

7:26 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Yes I know someone who's got one made out of broom handles with joints made of bits of hose pipe- I kept meaning to ask him to help me make one in the garden- just havent quite worked out exactly what I would use it for... greenhouse/playhouse/den/spare bedroom....I remember actually considering giving birth in one at one point, but it was October!

9:50 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

I wonder how you make 3-way joints out of bits of hosepipe? Got me thinking, that has. Our hosepipe's days are numbered now - I'm going to have to try it.

8:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home