Monday, April 18, 2005

Flags

This morning I got up to a very civillised drawing session on the kitchen table. Fugs is still interested in Flags. He was already drawing large crosses, he asked to see the mother's day card he had made with a blue and red cross across it (good job I knew where it was!) but now they are called flags and are in different colours. He has started giving them flagpoles and looking in the encyclopaedia for different examples. I suppose this is a good way in to recognising and reproducing symbols. But it's not necessarily about learning to write, as he is still fascinated with webs, and the intersections created by two lines crossing, which are sometimes given a special blob. I'm not sure how which way this is going to go- I don't want to hyjack this discovery and turn it into something else, but I want to give him access to to enough information to allow further development. I'm sure it will unfold in its own time. Maybe we will come across a book or something with more flags in it. Maybe I should not worry about it! I don't really- it's just interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home