Thursday, April 21, 2005

A couple of quiet days


Pegbag- I just had to put this up here, too. This is what I have been doing on my day off from computers ;) More info here.
Yesterday I took Allie to the Steiner playgroup. He quite enjoys it now, but usually wears himself out by 11.30. We made some bread, which was very tasty, with abit of honey on, and the small plaited bun I left on the table was devoured as soon as the others got home. Someone told me about a new book called The Handmade Loaf, which sounds interesting, about levened, sourdough type bread, as made in various countries. My idea about starting up an HE group in the room was not met with much enthusiasm by the person who runs the playgroup, as I'm sure will be the case with the rest of the Steiner Group. I think they don't like the idea that people can do it themselves and put them out of a job!! So I'll have to call it a craft group, to which children will be welcome, although it will be during school hours and see who comes! I won't be able to go to playgroup when Fugs starts HE full time in September. I can't believe I'm saying "when", not "if" now; it seems to be decided then!
Resurgence Magazine came today, so if you don't hear from me I shall be reading this : ) It always lifts my spirits and gives me hope and inspiration. (Guess what I shall be voting? sorry, all you tactical voting fans, but, sometimes I have this unstoppable urge to "do the right thing" even if it doesn't always seem to make sense to other people!).
O yes, there was an utter rubbish article on Women's hour about the life of rural women, a la "AGA Saga". Why do I listen to that program? I think I used to think it had some sort of feminist agenda, but now it seems to be the worst sort of dumbed-down patronising bullshit. If they ever have any interesting issue on it they always seem to triviallise it or just reinforce biggoted views and stereotypes.
Jem did some writing about France yesterday, which involved copying out of an encyclopaedia onto the computer. Hmm... Not sure how much that is learning about France, but she did "draw" a French flag on it.

1 Comments:

Blogger dottyspots said...

Great bag - is it knitted plastic? I keep meaning to have a bash at recycling some bags like that.

8:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home