Monday, March 21, 2005

a good day

We had a good day today, despite the slow start. I had promised to take the bikes to the park and even to mend the puncture in Imi's tyre, so they could come too, but I didn't manage to take the puncture repair kit, not that I know how to use it. But they still came, and I ended up in the park for 3 hours, with 5 children, which earned me loads of brownie points, although it was no harder than having 3 children. In fact it was quite enjoyable, although Allie did not have the energy to do much due to his cold. We bumped into some more HE friends, so there were 6 of them running wild during the day, although it is now the school holidays, so they were not alone, but it wasn't as busy as I would have thought. Jem's pedal came off, so I will have to get another set tomorrow, as I tried to screw it back on but the thread has gone.
We also went to the library and got the reading books we ordered (Witch in Training), and ordered the remaining Moomin books and Fergus Crane. However, Jem started the first Lemony Snicket book, which we also found in the library, along with another piano book, and some space books for Fugs. No dinasaur or ballet books. We had to put them all in one bag as Fugs had put half of his cornetto into one of the book bags, which I discovered whilst at the library counter, partly on Lemony Snicket, and partly on the library ticket! Good job it was the friendly librarian, who has a child in Jem's old class at school, and who always seems to look longingly at my happy unschooled children and my books on HE, but maybe that's my imagination. Well, at least its not what I imagine when I see people in the park, who say hello quickly and scuttle away, lest I infect them with my bohemian ways...

1 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

ROFL we seem to engender the scuttling away effect as well!

6:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home