Sunday, March 20, 2005

Spring!

Much outdoor frollicking in pyjamas was to be had this morning, with the amazing transformation in weather. Just when I was beginning to lose all sense of sanity the sun came out and made everything alright with the world. Well. for a while, at least.
Allie walked outside! with shoes on! We tidied up some of the debris of winter gales. Broken plant pots (was that a squirrel I saw the other day near the patio doors?), leaves, twigs, broken windmills, muddy water, etc. Casualties of the frost included the French lavender, which I didn't hold out much hope for. Will replace with English and see how that goes. The gardenia and camelia are starting to flower, and some daffodils are out. The crocuses that I planted late have come up, too. May sort out the veg border tomorrow, with some stones that I got from a fallen wall, and the molehill soil. Some of the lawn needs seeding. The alpines are showing signs of life.
They wanted a picnic, so I put a tablecloth on the little round table and made sausage sandwiches. "That will do for a starter," someone small said.
Jem went to her Steiner session, which involved such wholesome activities as going for a walk and making hot cross buns, while I took the boys to Josie's; the babies slept, the boys played and we chatted and drank tea for 2 whole hours! heaven. We even had a stroll round the park. We agreed to to art/craft sessions at each others houses instaed of going to the organised ones I have been going to. It will be easier with the babies and we are both more than capable of laying on our own art sessions and don't seem to be short on ideas. I think I dried up for I while, that's why we went to the organised ones. Or maybe it happened the other way round: We went to them because they were there and then there wasn't time or energy to do much at home.
Looking forward to days in the park. So glad I got that bit of decorating finished. But will I ever get round to the spring cleaning? Well I did sell a double buggy last night! Well, that wasnt exactly taking up room in the house, as it was in the garage, but it's a start.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

Hurray! I can leave a comment! Oh no! I've actually got nothing to say! Hello Rosie :) Lovely post :)
Um... Spring's lovely, isn't it?

8:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home