Friday, August 12, 2005

what goes around...




...comes around.
Hey, guess what? we wove bicycle wheels with bits of coloured binding and strung up CD's in Tech's garden today. I'm sure this sculpture trail thing has been an inspiration for lots of activities using recycled materials. We managed to come away with some reels of of the binding, which came from Lindsey, after having brought the cd's. The bicycle wheels were from a scrapstore. It was open house/a meeting about the new budding eco project, which, I must admit has got a bit bigger than I can chew. But it was nice to see some more people and chat and generally sociallise. We had some amazing frozen banana "ice cream" with mango and pineapple juice, made in Tech's new super juicer.
Jr brought her mars rover, but I didn't see it in action. Allie played quite well, considering, and left me alone for at least some of the time. The others just disappeared, only reapperaing when they needed food.
Elaine and Jr are going away for a few days, so we shall miss them : ( but Jem has been invited to a party tomorrow, by someone from school, and thinks she might go, although she feels a bit shy about this. So I'll have to sort out a present in the morning.
It's all quiet here. It's so nice when they've all gone to sleep and there's noone else here- I actually get some peace and quiet. I felt like just going to bed, but have to make the most of it!
By the way, they like their new beds, or matresses, although Jem fell out of bed this morning.
The windmills are on the way home (that's us in the car) we had fish and chips (again!) from the best chippy on the world.
I just spotted the circular/ rotation/ recycling motif in all the pictures, hence the title. This is really a parallel of my inner struggle, cycles and transformation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Yes, I end up staying up late to enjoy the peace and quiet, and then grumbling the next day because I'm tired....

5:37 pm  
Blogger Rossi said...

I just love those windmills. I can't understand why people are anti them! If I had the space I would have my own :-)

10:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home