Monday, August 08, 2005

Hama, CD's, pain in the neck


Jem has been busy Hama beading after doing some at JR's. I must get round to ordering some more beading stuff, especially the animals and flag kit. I could quite get into it myself. I was doing one today- a glow in the dark moon, when Jem kindly informed me that when I'm 50 she will be nearly 18. I told her I didn't want to think about being fifty right now, but then I said I thought I would be an artist when I'm 50 and she said, what, a hama bead artist?

She later made this CD mobile, which can be seen from the kitchen window. Some other daft people threw theirs up to the high trees, from where they throw blinding flashes of evening sunlight into the house and create a glitterball effect all over the garden. I, rather sensibly suspended mine from the underside of the table parasol.

I woke up this morning with a sharp pain near the top of my back, which seemed to be emanating from my neck. Well, hardly surprising, really, come to think of it, as Allie was really unsettled all night after falling asleep over his tea. He did that again tonight, so I hope I'm not in for a repeat performance. My back is slightly improved after the application of warm and cold compresses and some gentle excersise, AKA making the tea and more muffins. O, I was too tired to blog last night after Saturday's Craggs experience. Yesterday we picked bilberries and made wild bilberry muffins. Maeve appears to have returned from her festival escapades.




I forgot to mention I finished my hat I started whilst camping (as the weather turned cold) the other day. Allie is modelling it here in a cute fashion.

6 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

those mobiles would be good in the cellar I am going to fit some lights today and am contemplating doing some plastering after cleaning the windows just think light after dark

10:51 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

yes. there are more cds. plastering! i have one of those plastering thingies but not up to any decorating today.

12:23 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

The mobiles look brilliant! Hope your back gets better soon. I used to have a bad back, then I read Caroline Myss, who believes all physical ailments come from emotional ones, and she said back pain (especially lower) comes from worrying about financial problems. I wasn't sure I believed her, but I must have done on a deep level because I did get ontop of my finances then & have never had back problems since! Weird, huh?

8:14 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

sorry I misssed the last 2 comments.
i have emailed you,jayne.
Yes, Gill, I think you have hit the nail on he head, there! My homeopath would agree, and I know it is true for me sometimes, I can tell. It always makes a sort of sense when she explains it though: a bad back can be from feeling you're carrying a "burden", you can be carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders or have a "pain in the neck". She seems to be able to think these up.
funnily enough I did not wake up with the pain, it came suddenly when I remembered about the unpaid mortgage and car tax. I dont think this was a coincidence. I do seem to get a lot of those ailments that people often think are phsycosematic, but that doesnt make them less real, or easier to deal with.
what about your tooth, is it better now? I'm just trying to think what it might be- biting off more than you can chew? chomping at the bit? (what does that mean?) gritting your teeth? ie: putting up with something thats causing you grief?

12:01 am  
Blogger Gill said...

Hi Rosie, I've just remembered this and come back to see if you answered and you did! My tooth is a lot better - abscess all gone for now, thanks, but still feeling vulnerable & like it could flare up again any day if I get run down. I was thinking myself what it means metaphorically. Holey teeth! Biting off more than I can chew comes about closest, except that I don't think I do that... Gritting my teeth might be closer to the mark actually. I'm not living in a way that's 100% honestly true to myself, so I bet that's what it is. Hmmm.... that's what I need to sort. Thanks! Sometimes the only way to work this stuff out is to bounce it off someone else who speaks the language :o)

9:11 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

ps I hope your back is better :o)

9:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home