Thursday, July 28, 2005

lidl pidl

We got back from camping at about 1 o'clock and it has been quite a challenging day. (Will no doubt dig out my camera later and say more about the camping trip.) This morning we were packing up tents in the rain. I called at LIDL on the way back to get special offer air beds- see, I haven't been completely put off camping. (By the way, the knitting yarn advertised at LIDL looks like crochet cotton to me.) I was still soaking wet. Got back. Changed, and Fugs. Had some tea, (thanks, Maeve), and coffee (what I really needed)and proceeded to try and sort out the chaos of the house, by moving some furniture back into the living room. I could go on about the camel-coloured sofa, and the SCRATCH on my new floor, but I haven't really got the energy right now. It's ok now, anyway, although I am now still in the office, due to the cable connection and the lego-traps everywhere else: boy, did they play with stuff when they got back. They were pretty tired and tetchy a lot but I seemed to remain fairly calmish.
Amongst the chaos Jem designed a website on paper and I helped her turn it into a blog, which I thought was the easiest thing to do with it.
Elaine turned up with Jem's bike and I invited them in for a play as I thought it would alleviate the fighting a bit. I didn't realise how tired and hungry I was until I started shaking while I was serving up omlette for the kids, so I thought I'd better have some too. I hope I didn't shout too much about the new airbeds being unpacked and taken upstairs. I was just a bit on the edge.
I got them all in bed by 8.30, which is much earlier than they have been going to bed all week. And I got the fifth load of washing on before they were in bed. I am in anticipation of the second wave of choas brought by the second, bigger carload of stuff, which consists mainly of: tent (wet); airbeds (wet); toys (wet); more washing; pots which need washing up; my guitar (hopefully not wet) and some other sundry camping items which I can't remember, and hopefully not the 4 bags of rubbish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home