Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Tree hugging











Went tree-hugging with the Buttons in Hardcastle Craggs today. It was nice to meet them: the children ran off happily as if they had always know each other! Saw some more sculptures, wood ants and bracket fungus. It was raining at first, but brightened up later on. It was a bit of a slog but we got all of the way round this time, taking in most of the sculptures. I think Jayne got more than she had bargained for as I decided to take the buggy again, and she had to drag it round the difficult bits, with the help of her two lovely friends, who were each carrying a small twin. I had to carry Allie some of the way, as he tired himself out walking on the straight paths and then didn't want to walk or go in the buggy. It was quite tiring, and I was glad that I had some leftover curry to re-heat for tea. The children saved up all their bad behavior for when we got back and I was trying to rest/relax- they just jumped all over the place and me, and shoved cushions down the back of my shirt while I was trying to read my emails.
It turns out lots of people have been trying to persuade me to go camping this next week, which I had said I would, but it has come round so quickly! I kind of imagined it in some hazy distant future and now I have about two days to get my head around it and organise stuff. My main concern is about sleeping, as I find this difficult enough in my own bed, and always wake up stiff. I am being a total wimp about this, I know, but I just can't get get my head around it just now. I just want my house back. The floor is not finished, but just needs final coat, which I could do tonight. I really want to get that stove going now its turned a bit cold!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Hi Rosie. Love the Pig :oD How does one get to Hardcastle Craggs? I've been to Hebden Bridge a few times, and hear people talking about the Craggs but never actually know how to get there lol. My dds would love to see these amazing sculptures :o)

11:59 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Hi Lindsey
More info available here: http://www.sculpturetrail.org/
-tells you where it is, etc and has printable map of trail. It is in Hebden Bridge, signposted left off the Keighley road (HX7 7AA)
did you see my previous posts?
"we went to school in the woods" &
"Sculpture trail: accessible art"

12:40 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

O its you, lindsey, Hi ;)

12:47 am  
Blogger dottyspots said...

I really most convince Rik to take us to the sculpture trail! Will try to get 'round to e-mailing you later :0)

7:16 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

I agree with Tech, don't go camping unless *you* want to. Also, the nice thing about this one is that we don't need to advance-book or anything, so you could try it for a night or 2 and go home if you can't sleep? Or.... drive up & visit during the day but go home at night? I think we'll be popping home a lot to check on the house & our home-alone Ali + dog.

4:11 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks for all your support! I dont feel bullied into camping- I was just whining my excuses as to why I didnt feel able to commit myself. I dont usually decide what I'm doing till the last minute anyway!

12:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home