Friday, July 15, 2005

I'm so happy



... because we've finally got our wood burning stove- hurray! I was so excited about the new chimney going on! I watched for ages. I spent the rest of the day trying to decide what to put onto the sanded floorboards (currently covered in old carpet). To stain or not to stain? and what colour? and what sort of stain? I finally sought out some words of wisdom from my dad, wood guru. He said don't use coloured varnish: stain, then varnish as this gives you more control. Amazingly no-one in any shops seemed to have the first clue about the products they were selling. So, anyway, I decided I might as well give the walls a lick of paint while I'm at it, so had a quick go tonight with two useless rollers, until Maeve came back from her web design course and showed me her new website.
Other highlights of the day include going to Lidl where the fruit and veg was FREE, so I piled as much as I could get into the trolley, (which I normally do anyway!) and ended up with 3 boxes of veg plus a box of schooly stuff like notebooks and folders, etc, and a whole boot full of food - I can't get it in the cupboards. We will have to have a party. By the time I had got the shopping out of the car and got the tea on there were multicoloured car-shaped post-it notes all over the car windows.
I still have my really comfy painting dungarees on, which I haven't worn since I was pregnant, but I think I should wear them more often! I could go on painting and/or blogging, but I have to get up in the morning for another busy day ahead: end of term/school leaving party.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Wow, free food? Had they oversupplied or something?

We oiled our floor boards, and it's great. They've gone a wonderful dark orangey-brown, and it protects them from just about everything. Nasty stuff to do though, we went away for a few days and let the guy do it.

10:33 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lidl was closing for a few days for a re-fit- I just was in the right place at the right time.
I am still on the search for the right floor stuff...

3:52 pm  
Blogger dottyspots said...

The stove is lovely - a good woodburner heats so well! My mother has no central heating and has a very large living room which their burner has no problem heating toasty warm :0) You must be so pleased.

9:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home