Sunday, October 31, 2004

Halloween Walk

We went for a really nice walk just now. The sun actually came out while we were out and we took our coats off. Bearing mind that we are at 1000 feet here and, going upwards, it's nearly always too windy to be ba t'at (as in Ilkey Moor?). There were a few other people out as well. F was a bit disgruntled that there was somone leaning on our favouite gate, admiring the view, so we carried on up the lane, till A went to sleep. It was getting a bit bumpy up there for even the ATP. We saw a polytunnel and a Yurt, which both appeared to be occupied. These aroused great interest in both F and J. They saw smoke coming from the chimney of the yurt. We could look down on the mist.
We saw an old school friend of J, who has not been to school since J has, as she fell out of a tree on the last day of the holidays! (It seems like an eternity since J was at school). Anyway, it turns out that the friend doesn't want to go back to school and they are coming round tomorrow to discuss home ed! Am I in a position to advise? I ask myself. Well, being new to it and already known to them probably makes it all seem a bit more accessible? I know when I first considered it I gave up as it just didn't seem do-able somehow- all too scary. The mum is obviously distressed by the whole thing and the possibility of having to send her back. But I don't want to influence her too much. I fell like I've started a rebellion! (And I'm still on the school governors.) Although to me her mind seems to be already made up - she just needs the courage to carry out her convictions, which is not easy. I want to be able to support them and/or point them in the right direction for getting the support they need.

Anyway, better go carve some pumpkins- the kids are revolting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home