Monday, October 25, 2004

Talking to myself

Well, now feeing a bit jaded after having done all my emails. I finally got the kids in bed at 1/4 to 10, and the B came home, shortly after, in a bit of a mood.
Anyway, I'm still talking to myself, still not having managed to get onto the muddlepuddle webring, and only 3 people know the url. If, by any chance anyone is reading, please say hello, otherwise I may go off on some mad tangents, thinking no-one's looking, what the heck! Actually, I don't really mind talking to myself.
Today was full on and exhausting, but not a bad day, as it goes. Little F was in one of those unputdownable moods (hold on, isnt that supposed to be books?) and J and big F really wanted to make papier mache pumpkins, before breakfast, if necessary. So, i quite enjoyed the pasting strips of paper, one-handed. After, or during, lunch they had a teddy bears' picnic. Bless. Which turned into a full-scale game of restuarants, complete with a menu blackboard, counter, real food. I had to join in to make the game actually start. The trouble with a nearly- 7-year-old is that in games preparation is everything. Sometimes literally, as so much time and effort is put into the preparation that there is no time or interest left to do the game. I'm sure Big F, at 4 , would be a lot more spontaneous if left to his own devices.
I think I'm gradually getting the hang of this Home Ed stuff. They really do it themselves- you just have to let them, a lot of the time. Still ploughing my way through "School is not Compulsory". Not that I have much time for reading, the time i've been getting to bed lately.
Then at about 4 0'clock they decided they wanted to go out to see Josie's new baby, born on Saturday. So they made some lovely cards and we popped round. All was well there. We went to the library to exchange books. This is quite a new thing for us. And it seems to be escalating. Its upstairs, so a bit of a drag with the baby, who crawls round, turning off people's computers. It's funny- there seems to be less and less books there and more people sittng at computers. (Go home, losers, and stop scowling at me for taking my children to the library.) Anyway, Since we have been HEing I have begun to appreciate the library much more. I am even going to order some books myself. J is getting through loads of reading books- we seem to have found a comfortable level for her, that isnt too hard, with a few new words. And Big F (F#1?) (Boy1?) loves books, too. Cat in the Hat are amoung his fave books at the mo. "I can read with my eyes closed" (or words to that effect) is good, as its about reading too, but subtle. No, actually its not subtle at all!! but so funny that he didnt notice.
o no crying baby again.... hope he sleeps better tonight than last night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

I'm reading! Will sort out the ring pronto - look out for an email from me with the code in.

9:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home