Saturday, October 23, 2004

Trees

Well I'm back again. I felt really grotty all day on Thursday so had an early night. Friday night I spent all evening, totally absorbed, finding out about what happened to some friends on Chainsaw Tuesday (this week)on
http://www.hebdenbridge.co.uk/steepfields/index.html
This has got me really angry. Basically its about an annonymous property developer using underhand and aggressive tactics to illegally fell a load of trees in a quiet area of Hebden Bridge, with the intention of building some "eco-homes". I don't think he knows the meaning of the word. If he thinks he can fool Hebden Bridge by jumping on the green bandwagon, whilst showing a total lack of understanding or sensitivity to the local community he has got another thing coming. He will NEVER get away with it. Until he apologises, stops bullying the locals and lying through his teeth, he should not be forgiven, or allowed to continue with his money-making scheme.
Anyway, rant over. Today we went to Halifax to buy birthday clothes for girl#2, who will be 7- just me and her. Nice. Shame I didn't manage to get myself anything.
Not feeling very chatty at the moment (not like me- must be ill) so that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home