Saturday, October 30, 2004

Birthday Parties (our house)

Well, we've done it: the last birthday of the year, and the third in less than two months. J was seven and it had more than just a flavour halloween. And, yes, I did a cake in the shape of a 7, having recently done a 1 and a 4. This one was 2 jamaica ginger cakes covered in dark chocolate. There was also a spiderweb chocolate cake. It all came together quite well. Usually I find having birthday parties quite stressful, but I still do it anyway. It was important to J, having her new friends over. I just have to be so incredibly organised now to achieve anything.
So that's party season over (until christmas!) I can relax now. Last night was the first night in ages that I didn't go on the computer; I was too busy. It made me realise I have been spending far too much time on it. I suppose I'm usually too tired to do much else when it comes to evening.
It's been a really busy week. Apart from party preparations, I seem to have done just about all the childcare and housework myself. On Wednesday we went to see a puppet production of The Enormous Turnip, with other stories, whilst also getting the car exhaust fixed. Afterwards we scoured the pound shops of Halifax for Halloween stuff and came up with some good stuff for the party. Thursday we went to a storytelling at the library because J had (already) finished her books. Its good that they rotate the books and have seasonal ones. We found more books at the jumble and some dressing-up stuff. Friday we missed the music class at Skipton as we were too tire and over-excited. (That's the other thing about computers- I sometimes can't sleep properly afterwards.) I also missed the demonstration today about the trees/property developers.
I also organised a trip to go to the theatre to see Horse and Bamboo.
O yes. and John Peel died. I was quite upset about this. I understood how people could be upset by someone they don't know dying. I heard someone say a part of my youth died with him. Maybe it was that. Or he has just always been there, and it was kind of reassuring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home