Tuesday, September 06, 2005

reluctant teacher






Mummy, where has the sun gone down to?
Ireland. It's gone to Ireland now.
Where does it go after that?
America. It goes to America next.
Where to next?
O, erm, the Pacific. O look! there's a rabbit....


I just decided that the buddlia had to be pruned and started hacking away at it, when a ball went over the wall. I couldn't reach it with the hoop helpfully offered to me, so I had to get up on the wall. While I was up there I spotted this red disc rolling along the hills, so we ran down to the road to see if we could catch it before it went down. There were loads of rabbits frolicking about in the field opposite, not minding us at all. They always come out at this time. We have seen a lot of squirrels too. One was up in the tall tree, watching us, waiting for us to drop some food, no doubt, as there were plenty of rich pickings after the party, which they keenly plundered.
We had a lovely afternoon out in the garden with some friends who hadn't made it on Sunday.
Earlier on Jem finished making this robot, (while I was being useless mummy on the computer), took this photo and handed me the camera. Fugs had fun with his robots and solar-powered motor today.
Right. I'm off to bed. Middlemarch is suddenly more appealing than talking to myself!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

It was a truly amazing sunset last night. We had a similar sort of conversation about it, but ours was only going to bed, not Ireland. He had a song sung to him, though, and was duly tucked in and wished a good night's sleep.

9:04 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

ar, Gill, we used to have a lovely book called "where does the sun go at night?"...to his grandma's house...etc"
Tech- yes- can you get on the NYHEC website? according to Sarah the next meeting is in 2 weeks, so I need to know which it is- you can reply on there if you can get on it (I never use email for groups anyway)

3:06 pm  
Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Doesn't look like you're talking to yourself ;)

8:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home