Sunday, September 04, 2005

parrot pirate party pinata
















Spent most of yesterday doing party preparations, after ballet and some last minute shopping. Fugs potato printed some bunting and Jem drew a huge treasure map for a game which she ended up organising herself. We had a production line of pirate hats and flags, using the potato printers and some super black crepe paper and card we found in the pound shop. Later, much later, I finished off the pull-string parrot pinata and the bunting, and helped Brendan find some pirate music to download. So had quite a late night, as usual.
I tried to have a lie in this moring but it didn't work as I knew there was costumes, games, decorations and food to organise and only about 4 hours to do it in, taking an hour out for lunch. (How strange my mind works!). So I dragged myself up and when I was suitably coffeed I got on with it. It all went more or less according to plan. No one particularly noticed that I was madly still making a treasure chest, for the treasure hunt, from an emptied out washing tab box in between smiling sweetly at guests and offering drinks (I have to try hard to be a hostess, it doesnt come naturally to me!). The pinata worked, as in: some of the ribbons were pulled off and then one ribbon suddenly opened it up. I've not made a pull one before. I think I'll have to go into business! The treasure chest cakes, which Jem decorated, were actually recognisable as treasure chests! Hurray!
Just got some present wrapping to do. My little boy is five tomorrow and he's not going to school! hurray!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Fantastic pinata :D

11:53 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

Sounds like a great party :) Happy birthday F

11:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home