Monday, August 29, 2005

Ground Force






Today Jem and I went over to Elaine's to help sort out the cellar/garden. By the time we got there Linda and N had been there for hours and they had made a good start on the garden, where we spent most of the afternoon, as it turned out quite sunny. I don't know what happened to the other hoards of volunteers, but I think between the 6 of us we did a great job. There was much fun to be had by all, jumping on bits of wood and burning it on the bonfire. The girls did some P&D and Elaine also cleaned the windows, letting sunlight actually shine into the cellar.
Once I'd got started I just went at it like a mad thing and couldn't stop till it was really cleared. I managed to trap one of my fingers between two stones within the first five minutes, and later on I very stupidly burned my fingers quite badly on a stone from the bonfire. Fortunately Elaine found some Lavender oil, which I applied liberally, and I ate my tea with my hand in a cup of cold water to stop it smarting. I had visions of not being able to play the guitar again and Elaine had visions of spending a few hours in A&E, but by the time I left they were obviously better, although a little red and swollen, and it has not stopped me blogging (with two hands, I might add!).

3 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Q1, how are the fingers?
Q2, why haven't you shown the flower bed you created ?(I will go get a pic everyone and put it on my blog this woman is just tooo modest)
Q3, What the hell are JR and I looking at?
Finally thankyou you have given me the impetus to carry on (though I doubt I could manage to keep pace with you)

6:02 am  
Blogger Gill said...

sorry you got burned :(
and sorry we missed the clearing day!

10:06 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

1. Fingers ok thanks.
2. Didnt get a good photo of flower bed
3. you're jumping on a plank of wood- didnt quit get the effect in my photo, but liked pic anyway!

11:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home