Monday, August 15, 2005

little boxes

Not much to report today, except that we went to LIDL and stocked up on our ice cream and coffee supplies- phew! I shall survive now ;o) We got all sorts of sundry items, too, such as another stripy rug, some lovely mules for me, water shoes for Fugs and trainers for Jem. When we got back they couldn't wait to dig into the ice lollies, and there was a bit of moaning, arguing and falling over :'( when I was trying to get a few minutes to myself to make a phonecall. But all was calm after tea, and they were inspired to try out the new watercolour set we got today. Later we tidied up a bit and Jem got out a guitar, which was hopelessly out of tune, and Fugs was screaming "my guitar", which it isn't, mind you, it is his birthday soon... so I ended up tuning/playing "Big Yellow Taxi", as I usually tune the children's guitar to Joni Mitchell tuning to make it easier, but Allie started requesting "Donkey Walk" so I switched to another guitar and we had a reet good sing song. I tried to remember a few old folk songs and the likes of "Little Boxes" which they loved, so I'll have to dig out the words. I really enjoyed it and it was lovely to sing with them actually joining in. We had done "She'll be coming round the mountain" on the way home to try to stop Allie crying, which is fun, as you can make up your own verses. Maybe I'll have to do a Music/craft group meeting one Friday (/any day) here, if anyone's up for it... Well, either that or I'm going to start busking, so watch out!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

ooh, would love to come see you for a music group sometime... ;)

11:10 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

O, we missed the wellies. we got a kite tho
right I'll have to psyc myself up and plunge for a date then.I was thinkig in the next 2 weeks, as a lot of the groups are on holiday atm., so this friday or next

12:25 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

what about this friday?

6:19 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

maybe I'll have to try another branch for the wellies!

11:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home