Thursday, August 18, 2005

guitar lesson, park, friends

Jem let me teach her some chords on the guitar, so now she can play "Little Boxes", well, with some practice, but she does well to play a chord at all. She has obviously wanted to play for ages and keeps picking it up and strumming it. She is really proud of herself now. I'm so glad she let me, as she usually resists being taught anything. I put some little colour-coded stickers on the frets to show her where to put her fingers.
It took me hours to get ready to go out today, as it involved getting everyone dressed, having lunch, putting the washing out and getting together all the stuff I needed to take to Josie's. She hadn't answered the phone, but then, she seldom does, so I thought we'd go anyway. I left the stuff (baby stuff, birthday cards, etc) outside as there was no answer and we went to the market, where I scored some freebie stuff (misc clothes) and the park, where we bumped into a few friends. We went back to Josie's on the way back and the children were there with grandad, and by the time I'd had a cup of tea, so was Jose. It was great to see them, it seems like ages. It was especially good for Fugs, as I expect he has missed seeing any of 'his own friends'. We finally gave Immi her birthday present and arranged to meet up next week.
It was late when we got back, but I managed to get some pasta together and they went crazy afterwards trying on all the clothes (not theirs) that I got today. But still had to read a chapter of Ballet shoes before they would go to sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

You just got be in the right place at the right time. Lots of people do a one-off car-boot style market stall and when they've finished they dont want to take it home again. Ok, not all of it was of great use to me, but I just gave a brand new shirt to my friend for her son, as a passing exams present, and some of the stuff may need some alterations, like the water proof outfit, which I got for J for sledging.

11:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home