Thursday, September 08, 2005

Autumn bonfires

OK, I've got no pictures or interesting anecdotes. I'm just a compulsive blogger who can't let a day go by without putting down something. And I should be in bed. And Middlemarch has got so exciting I had to drag myself away from it. I'm sure its going to inform some major life decision. Maybe I'm just clutching at straws here in the absence of any positive influence. Or maybe I'm going ever so slightly loopy, after not havening actually seen another adult since yesterday teatime. I don't know why I do this. Actually it seems easier at the time, but you have to get the balance right.
So, anyway, We spent the morning indoors. I managed to go back to sleep and completely miss Maeve coming round (for washing!) and the man who wanted to know who owned the field opposite (come back, man, just so I can see someone without bending down). It was quite bright the afternoon, although blustery, so I decided to have a bonfire and attempt to burn the prunings from yesterday. I ended up with only a barrowful of really green stuff, having got it going wih some drier stuff I cut down a month or so ago (when I was angry, but it made a lot more room for the table, although it is a bit transparent to the lane in places.) Fugs really enjoyed helping with the bonfire, and they did some weeding, and played really nicely outside till supper, still pretending to be pirates. They decided to do some colouring and Fugs took this "homework" upstairs to his bedroom!
We were inspired to have an equinox bonfire. This idea has been forming in my head for some time, as I knew we would have to burn some stuff and autumn is a good time for that. Someone suggested that the corn dolly workshop I offered to do in Skipton could be around the equinox. So I thought we could do our bonfire on the 21st; if anyone would care to join us they would be more than welcome.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

Dear me, some people are desperate, aren't they? It'd be quite fun to publish a completely uncreative blog and see if it still garnered the same cheery random compliments.
Anyway, prunings and clippings remind me of my blooming leylandii, 8 feet high & growing...
That'll be today's job then ;-)

8:28 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

I cant reach the leylandii theyre 20 ft. anyway the children are getting bored of boing in so I'll have to take a break and go somewhere today ????

11:05 am  
Blogger Elaine said...

well Rosie 'tis monday and you raced at yesterday like a woman possesed so are you going to take it easy????/

8:07 am  
Blogger Elaine said...

This aint good enough lass!! I keeps popping in here looking for new inspiration and you aint here!

7:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home