Thursday, February 17, 2005

A&E: pay and display costs £1.20, or be clamped

Today was dominated by an extended visit to A&E with Allie, who had pulled his elbow (or wrist?) out of joint. It took 2 hours before he was seen. Thankfully he was asleep for most of that, but I had left the others with a friend's husband, and it was so incredibly boring in the waiting room. Maybe I could have been less bored if I hadn't read 3 copies of Take a Break magazine and tried to read the impossible subtitles on the news channel. The doctor that finally saw him wasnt very good with children and tried to see if he could grasp a torch by first shining it to and fro in front of his eyes, which didn't go down very well. For some reason most of the people I saw seemed to assume I was really stupid, even when I explained that this has happened to another of my children. I had a much better experience when I went in with Fugs. I'm glad I didnt have him with me today with his black eye! (he dropped a Casio onto himself, playing it lying down- it's only a small one- one of the originals) . Anyway, Allie was OK by bedtime- the second doctor we saw must have twisted it back in as he finally started using it again. I didn't hang around to see the doctor again, as I could tell it was improving. This is a bit of a pain as now I know he has a weakness I'll have to be really careful till he's about 4- Fugs did his twice, even though I was careful not to lift him up with one arm. So round the mulberry bush is out then. Well he's obviously not ready for walking, or he wouldn't have been putting so much weight on his arms. This happened in about 2 seconds when he had just stood up to follow the others outside.
Well the others had a great time, doing another fairy hunt in the fields. When I got back they were eating their tea in front of The Simpsons.
Meave phoned me to tell me she had painted 2 rooms and nothing had gone wrong. I then had to phone her back to tell her to wash out the rollers and brushes, and she got a bit stroppy with me because I couldn't describe exactly how to do it in under 15 seconds. Well I know I am probably getting on her nerves about it, but I'm doing my best to let her do it. I had envisaged me actually helping as I quite enjoy that kind of thing, but she does not understand this, and it's obviously more important to her to do it herself. She's been living there for almost a week now! only returning to do washing, etc.
Me? well, thanks to the go-anywhere blogputer I have been in bed since 10 o'clock, in a bid to stop getting up so late. Usually, I get on the computer and it gets late and I just cant be bothered to go upstairs or something. Also I get distracted so things take much longer. This it great, so far.
No wool to be had today, but I do have some projects waiting to be done. Sometimes I just need something new to get me inspired again.
Bought some lovely daffs to cheer myself up. Yikes! I just ate a wagon wheel and it said not suitable for vegetarians. And you know what? I dont give a ....

2 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Oh ick, poor Allie.

Both my offspring had very clicky joints when babies, and I'm hypermobile, so I've always been incredibly careful with them and the one hand thing - but it does make life difficult, doesn't it? Hope it's all sorted tomorrow.

11:13 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

Yes, that sounds tricky. I hate A&E too! You have to put your life on hold and do as they say until you get out of there. It's the authority I hate. If it wasn't so structured I wouldn't mind.

8:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home