Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Hello

Just thought I'd better drop in and say hello, although I'm tired from a busy day; not long sat down and it's already past midnight. Well I've got my feet up now and I've downed a beer, and I feel I deseve it. However, trying to define what exactly I've been doing all day may be tricky (and probably boring: changed yet another nappy, did some more washing etc, etc), so I won't go into all the details. Well, today's activity was obviously making Valentine's Day cards (or V.D. cards, as Jem wrote in hers! I just had to try hard not to laugh too much, because I wouldn't have known where to begin to explain...) and Valentine woven paper heart baskets. Urm, the instructions on this site are the simplest, and like what we did. So, that was it, apart from a trip to LIDL (which I keep being corrected on the pronunciation; aparently there's a German shopping game that tells you how to say Leedle, or is it Liedl?). Anyway, I was pleased I managed to get so many useful household items for Maeve's new flat, well its her dad's flat, but he's gone back to Ireland to visit family and she's taken it over, and it needed taking over as it was virtually uninhabitable. I got, among other things, a kettle and a rather nice lamp! She was a bit annoyed with me earlier because I was trying to offer to help her buy floor paint so I decided to butt out, even though she ended up not finding anything suitable. What can you do cheaply with a chipboard floor? I expect any paint would be better that what it is loike ATM. (that typo as in wadda yer loike?) Sorry, utter digression going on as usual. Better go to bed.

3 Comments:

Blogger dottyspots said...

Hi Rosie - could you mail me (as I can't find your e-mail address).

12:17 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

Oh yes, a chipboard floor would be tricky. I'd want to paint it too, unless you wanted to spend a bit more & cover it with laminate.

1:12 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Dot- Yes. will do

Gill- what sort of paint?

Tech- ditto- I thought I'd avoid the traffic and go via Saltaire, but got a bit lost, anyway!

9:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home