Thursday, February 10, 2005

spring cleaning, long noodles

Well we manged to survive another day, mostly in PJ's, although it was me, mainly, that was suffering the lurgy today- just tired and lack of appetite. We sorted out all my wool, which they all found thouroghly enjoyable. The cat had made a nest under my desk so I had to wash some of the mending pile! (some of this hastily sorted out with a pair of scissors- must get round to the rest). Also threw out a bin and a half of old calalogues, etc, so its beginning to get a bit tidier in the corners in here.
By tea time I was slumped in a chair with no motivation to cook, but managed to gather enough enthusiasm to make a rather tasty stir-fry with long noodles, and even managed to eat it, which actually made me feel a bit better, although my stomach didn't think so. (A similar thing happened yesterday with the pancakes, which I didnt think anyone would eat, but they did). Allie wouldn't go to sleep all day again, but then still would go to bed at 8 0'clock or 9 0'clock, so I gave up and he finally got put to bed at about 10.30, by daddy. I would have waited till he seemed more tired, but he was getting a bit hassley.
I tried to do some more origami but got a bit week and feeble (before tea- breastfeeding on an empty stomach: not good). Managed a few things last night and they are showing an interest so I will continue tomorrow. Jem did some more letters on her sampler. We found out that automated letters from the library are made of special paper that copies if you write on it.

5 Comments:

Blogger dottyspots said...

Oooh, have you got pregnant cat? (nest making)

2:40 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

(((Rosie))) hope you feel better soon

9:14 pm  
Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Hiya Rosie, sorry to hear you've been ill. I've come back full of the joys of spring and started tidying and decluttering last night before the kids were in bed!

(Must be something wrong with me ;) )

11:04 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

No, the cat is not pregnant- just old- she's now found some crunchy computer parts to sleep on in the other side of the office- mmm

Hi- glad you're back, Jax.

12:26 am  
Blogger dottyspots said...

Bless, just trying to find somewhere comfy then. Mine's currently drinking out of the water pot that was used for painting (bizarre animal) - she much prefers water like this (or from the bath or puddles) to the water I put out for her, which I'm guessing possibly tastes unnatural to her.

7:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home