Wednesday, October 19, 2005

remaining calm...

Well I did end up going out yesterday. My back was marginally better and, anyway, Brendan had a telephone interview so would have been a bit of a rush for him to get to the puppet show. I went to open up the group on the way, and it was a good job really, as there was one other person there, but the playgroup woman who has the room before us was very snotty and locked us out until she had finished packing away. We have to get there before she leaves as we don't have a key yet (until we have proved we aren't going to disappear in a few weeks, keeping the key, which a lot of people have done before), but she has paid until the time we start and is trying her hardest to make a stand about this. The centre is not run on this basis and is otherwise very easygoing.
So the puppet play was, well, interactive, but a bit dissapointing as far as I was concerned. We have seen better. Allie was so scared I had to remove him to the entranceway, where a kind lady brought me a chair, so I was able to watch in comfort with my back against a radiator, instead of sitting on the hard floor, with a wriggly child on my lap, which would have done my back in.
We made it back to the group in plenty of time for a tea and chat as the performance was very short. Some people had organised some sticking with nature (collage). We debated whether to carry on every week as there were only 4 families, although that still made 9 children, so it still felt worthwhile. It turns out we can't have the room next week anyway as it is being repaired.
Today we had a quiet day at home (we all needed it) and managed to tidy up the piles of clutter that were in every corner of the living room. So tomorrow, the kitchen?
We did make a model dinasaur out of Fug's dinasaur kit, which was quite fiddly, but quite impressive. Jem did some nice drawing and the both had a go on the show.me.uk website. I take it all back what I said about computers! they are a godsend! but I think Fugs is now old enough to get something out of it now he's 5. They didn't squabble too much today, either. I ordered them some books (need more shelves!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home