Monday, October 17, 2005

2 soup

Went to the gym class today- I think they liked it. Managed to do my back in in the park picking up whining toddler. It is worse than I thought and have subsequently been in bath/bed all evening, with hot/cold packs and arnica. Maybe had something to do with spot of mastitis I had at W/e, which I managed to control with hot water bottle, or 'botwater' as said 2-year old calls it.
Just finished the soup I made yesterday, in between painting the front and back doors blue. They were a horrible brown colour- not like wood, more like an Easter egg that gets left in the back of the cupboard because noone can face it, but keep spotting it whilst rummaging for choccie treats. So now the back door is Oxford Blue with a horrible chocolatey-brown frame as I haven't painted it yet- it looks dire. (Maybe I should leave it for halloween, but we don't seem to get anyone here- too scared of the graveyard, perhaps?). Anyway the soup had an 'I am 2' badge in it- i did fish it out yesterday, so hopefully not too poisonous and it was a very big pan. Not sure how it got in there- maybe I shouldn't do DIY and cooking at the same time, but then someone's got to do it.
Another of Allie's new words is 'spoonfork', which means any eating implement. In fact, last night while I was polyfillering he was on about a 'horrid spoonfork' and I said 'where' and he pointed at the plastic spatula I was using! Incidentally, he refered to both my hotpack and cold pack as 'botwater', as well as the hot water bottle.
I don't think I'm going to be up to much tomorrow. So frustrating this back- it just goes and then I'm f***ed. Shame- I've booked to see a puppet show tomorrow- dont think I can sent B with all 3, so won't get a total rest, but will have to cop out of organising the Hebden meeting, o well, sure they can manage. aybe its nature's way of telling me not to do too much. I've been doing a lot lately as the kids have been revolting since the beginning of September, which I put partly down to illness. It is so hard sometimes with their diffrent ages, One being so physically demanding and the others, well, sometimes I just can't turn my back or they fight. So I've been using lots of distraction tactics, which works, up to a point, but it's wearing me out. Time to go into hibernation?

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

cheers, Heather. Yes I supose it is normal kid stuff. I seem to have a bit of a personality clash on my hands, or 2 larger than life characters. And I suppose it's probably part of the unschooling process. At least they get on some of the time!

12:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home