Saturday, May 14, 2005


We went to a rag rugging workshop at Wycoller country park (Lancashire), which was great. I was inspired by the rag-rugging and we signed up for a whole weekend of community rug-making in June. I have had a go at ragging before in Halifax, but this was a different technique, using a hook and long strips of recycled fabric, which form loops. What I had a go at before involved short strips, which you shove through the sacking with a pointy tool, to form tufts. I suppose you could combine both techniques on a creative project, but you work from the back on the second method. I didn't buy any hooks as she was charging £12.50, which I'm sure was well over-priced. I have a pointy stick, but I liked the hooking method. Will have to investigate souce of hooky tools. It had a chunky wooden handle and a metal hook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home