Thursday, February 24, 2005

More snow

Well, I waved them off happily this morning, only to find out that the school was closing at lunchtime. (I had to send a rescue party, as my car was too snowed in, anyway) In the afternoon, Jem threw a wobbler as noone would go out in the blizzard. I was cosy, crocheting mohair bootees, anyway. Later, when it was finally snowing less, we went out, but by then it was too deep to push the buggy, too deep to sledge. I left them out there for a bit, but they gave up and made some fairy tunnels instead.
They spent the rest of the day reading Beano and Dandy annuals, and Jem finished reading Mister Skip to me.
Allie walked halfway across the room and said "marble", or (barble, and marbar). He's started saying "no" and shaking his head every time I ask him anything, like, do you want a banana? No. (then eats it).

first thing this morning

3 Comments:

Blogger June said...

I'm so jealous! We keep getting snow flurries but it's too warm to settle - even though it feels bloomin' cold to me! So the kids are getting hyped up, watching it fall...then there's no snow for them to play with :o(

2:12 am  
Blogger Gill said...

Wow, you had a lot more than us if you made tunnels! We just managed a little snowman, 3' tall.
Sounds like Ali is being very cute at the moment! :-D

12:30 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

same here, June. that's what comes of living on the south coast, I suppose!

lovely to see pictures of the snow at yours though, Rosie, even if it does make us jealous!

10:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home