Saturday, January 22, 2005

A few other things we have been doing this week- While I have been crocheting, this has inspired the children to do some stuff with yarn. They've had great fun with the wool winder, and Jem had been plaiting and twisting different yarns together into braids. Also, some of the patterns in her Altair design pad reminded me of patterns I used to make with circles and compasses. They had a go with some old compasses that I dug out, but might have been more successful with some special children's ones, if there is such a thing, or we just have to persevere with that one.
Today- while Jem had ballet I took Fugs to the cafe where Maeve has just started working, for a chocoholic, which we shared! well there wasn't much time. After, Jem had to go straight to the Steiner monthy Saturday group, where they did craft and drama. Me and Fugsy went to Josie's and I got to cuddle a small baby and drink several cups of tea, while he played with another 4 year old boy, without two 7 year old girls to boss them about. They have been doing some stuff for "the lady" (education effectiveness consultant); I have done: not much, apart from reorganising the craft cupboard (dresser) and labelling boxes with several categories, like "textiles". This I had to do, anyway, as Allie kept getting stuff out and sprinkling it on the floor.
Anyway, I managed to sneak out to the pub last night. Hee hee hee. It is a pretty boring place, but not very demanding, iykwim, but Jill bought me a great birthday present in the bookstall (yes the pub has a bookstall) it is called The Creative Art of Knitting, Joan Fisher, from 1974- some great pics and patterns! My mum is getting me 2 knitting books and a knitting magazine! Go crazy! Shame I've just converted to crochet!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home