Monday, June 13, 2005

Arrghh...money!

I've not been writing much in my blog for quite a while, mainly because I don't ever seem to have the time; so many other 'important' things to do! But I have realised that I need that bit of me-time and a chance to gather my thoughts, so I am trying to squeeze that time back into my life, whilst also trying not to go to bed too late. I have been interrupted several times whilst trying to write this, and even abandoned my attempt last night, which really proves the point that I need more time to myself. One of the reasons I do a lot of photo-blogging is that it doesn't require so much concentration, and there always seems to be somebody wanting some of my attention.
Today I spent at least 1/2 and hour on the phone to the bank trying to reach an agreement about reducing the mortgage arrears, whilst being shouted at at this end by *co-owner-of house*, who, it turns out had not paid the relatively small amount that I had promised last week. I finally agreed that an extra amount would be paid each month, on top of the mortgage, and decided the only way I could guarantee it had been paid was to phone up the bank and ask them, as I never seem to get a straight answer from anyone else. I am quite pissed off about it still, (though I have calmed down), because I had been under the illusion that I was finally out of personal debt, having insisted that my supposed-to-be-short-term-loan be paid off, plus another thing, as it was seriously eating away at my housekeeping.
All this happened as I was trying to get out of the house to go shopping. And I had received another phonecall from someone wanting to pick something up that I had advertised on freecycle. I had just got the thing out of the garage, expecting her to possibly come while I was out, after an annoying mix-up last Monday, when the thing bonked me on the head while I was trying to adjust it, and seemed to be falling apart. It did all go back together, but by this time I had told her I would have to phone her back and then her number seemed not to exist, Grrr. I really didn't want to be bothered with it any more, but as it turned out she phone me later on and picked it up and was very nice, so that was ok.
So I finally made it to LIDL, where there was retail therapy to be had in the form of a jug blender, which I have wanted for ages, but now can't quite remember what for, exactly. I was a bit conscious that my kids are possibly some sort of example of home education (but maybe this is a hangover from being on the gala float at the weekend), so am more bothered about them behaving themselves whilst they would otherwise be in school, iyswim. This may seem a bit daft, but it seems the supermaket during the day is almost like going to a pub- like a grown-up's space, and you really stand out if you have a load of kids with you, and do get a few stares. Not that I take that much notice. It's just another layer of anxiety when they are running about or sitting on the floor eating jammy dodgers or climbling the refigerators or all 3 simultaneously- (urm, I've just reallised this is not an exaggeration). No, well, it was ok, I was able to take it all in my stride, especially as impatient-checkout-lady was not there.
So I managed to be in a better mood after shopping, especially when I received a hefty amount of board money from Pete, who has just got his first pay-cheque. Do you think I can squeeze any more lodgers in? I can pile them up pretty high. I don't mind when they help out with those gardening jobs I don't want to tackle, too.
There. I've done it. But not gone to bed early. O well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You posted before midnight, therefore I assume in bed before me? I count before midnight as early, before 1am as normal - after is a late night/morning.

9:19 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

That was the time i started writing it ;) (23.37), before the interruptions. i posted around 1am and went to bed about 1.30, after reading a few blogs! I have about the same attitude as you about bedtime. But I am so rubbish at early mornings unless I am in bed before around midnight. I am still in my pyjamas now, but not too worse for wear ;)

10:02 am  
Blogger Jax Blunt said...

I am still in my pjs now, although I have *tried* to get dressed, but I ran away from the screaming whining tantumming thing :(

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home