Thursday, December 23, 2004

Happy Solstice

I was so busy yesterday that I didn't have time to mention the above. Maybe Tuesday's early morning post was self-explanatory. Actually, it is one of my faves, maybe the favorite, although, I do tend to sing "The holly and the Ivy" whilst collecting greenery, as a sort of thankyou. I don't know all the words, but I like the bit about the rising of the moon... I shall be doing that tomorrow, weather permitting, as we have to go to relatives on Chrissie Eve (Yawn).
I have also been waiting for photo's taken on other people's phone/camera, which haven't materialised, unfortunately. We went straight from Leeds to a solstice party, which was great. A shame I was so tired. The children made decorated Yule logs, with wishes tied onto them, and burned them on the fire. I wished for a new roof (still dripping), a new floor (still wobbly), and a new bed (still rock hard). Jem wanted to take her's home, but Fugs wanted to burn his, even though it was very beautiful, as "that is the whole point". (Glad I tied my wishes to his one then).

Today (Wednesday) I spent just about all day making mince pies, and only managed 24. Well I did make the mincemeat. Fugsy really enjoyed this. Fairy lights have gone on over-sized tree (not surprised!)and it's dropped a ton of needles, even though it's been watered loads. I don't think it's meant to be inside, poor thing. Mind you, it would have blown away if we had left it out any longer.

Ally didnt go to bed till 1/4 past 11, hence the lateness. I think he must be a bit ill. I'm going to have to go shopping tomorrow, among a load of other things. O, I thought I was organised. Got more and more frustrated today with the slowness of everything I try to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger dottyspots said...

I sing The Holly & The Ivy too.

The only bits I remember are:

The holly and the ivy,
When both are fully grown,
Of all the trees that are in the wood,
The holly bears the crown.

Oh the rising of the sun,
And the running of the deer,
The playing of the merry organ,
Sweet singing in the choir.

Then it goes on about how the holly bears the blossom, as white as any flower (?) and Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ to be our Saviour. Then how it bears the berry, as red as an blood, and Mary bore sweet JC to do us sinners good - or summat along those lines.

Tis about the only Christmas carol I'm much good on, apart from Coventry Carol and God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman ('cos I like them too).

1:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home