Monday, December 27, 2004

Boxing Day- nighmare #57

Right. You wake up feeling like a complete and utter bag of shite, due to massive headcold. You have a bath and go back to bed, but finally make it downstairs around noon as you cannot survive on one cup of lemon and ginger that you wimpered for. And there is still talk of the mother in law coming round! I say I don't think its a good idea, so they are going to her's but she is disappointed and I say the kids won't be able to play in they snow if they go there. So he is coming here. Eh? So they set off to fetch her. I haven't even got anything to feed them with (forgot to buy) and there is dust, and dirty sinks. I am feeling slightly better and baby has gone to sleep so I get the jif out and set to getting the kitchen in order, but he wakes up before I finish and I have a phonecall from teenage dd, asking if there are any buses and could I go on the internet and find out? erm, no. I ask her to come and heeeeelp! so she does, but I then get another phonecall - they have broken down on the way back from Manchester and can I go and rescue them? Can I f***, actually, I feel sorry for the children so I set out without finding out where they are, but find them easy enough. They olds wont come back with me, as B has gone for fuel, in the vain hope that this may sort it out. It doesnt, so I have to hang around till he's decided its definately dead.
When I get back I realise that the carrot and ginger soup I managed to muster up is not going to be enough, so I set about making, well. another Xmas dinner, really.
O, yes, and no-one thought to tell me that they were staying the night and going onto other Son's in the morning.
And no-one thought to tell them not to get them a huge cadbury's selection box, each, including the baby, as I predicted.
And when we had a row last thing at night, and they were on the sofabed downstairs, The baby alarm was still on! O my god, O my god!!! Mind you, we still managed to laugh about it this morning (not them, just us 2). Well, I can't imagine what they thought, I'm not even sure how much they heard.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

It's ok to laugh- it was meant to amuse! I can laugh about it *now*. Actually, maybe it was the thought of blogging it that kept me going through it! You have to see the funny side, sometimes.

10:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home