Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Need an early night tonight

Need an early night tonight, I think, as still a bit dozy after having to rush out to take car for MOT. (May fail as windscreen has a chip in it, which has been 'fixed' by autoglass, but is still too big.) Still doing things like trying to put the teapot lid on the coffee pot. Maybe that coffee'll sort me out, maybe if I have another. Just thought I'd quietly sit and do this now, while having my lunch, and while Ally was asleep. I did ask Maeve and Pete (the teenagers) not to wake him up, but they are not capable of being that careful or considerate, so I am now feeding him, but I don't think he'll go back off now.
I had to go out so quickly this morning, as someone had turned my alarm off, I had to just put Ally in a vintage-style knitted suit on top of his nightclothes, but this was much amired by the fleamarket stallholders on the way to playgroup. I thought I'd managed to avoid getting roped into making anything else for the playgoup's Advent Fair, by not going again to the craftmaking Tuesdays. Don't get me wrong, I love making things, but when you have 3 children with you and you are trying to keep them all occupied its difficult to concentrate and anyway, I just haven't got the headspace ATM. So today, I managed to rope myself in to making some Waldorf Dolls, as someone there had been looking at them in Myriad and said they were 30 to 100 pounds, and I said I had been known to make them a lot cheaper than that and showed them one I had made for playgroup, so now they want one for 'name the doll'. Maybe I will just give them this one and charge for any more that I make. I'm fed up with doing things for nothing, not because I begrudge it, I just dont think my skills are valued in the same way as eg. when one of the dads made a sanpit or a fence I'm sure they were paid for it.
Had a look on ebay last night as I was inspired to try and sell some stuff. Turns out to be a bit of a faff and you have to pay just to advertise. I'll have see. I just had to move 44 mails into a sepeate folder as I signed up for Home ed UK list and didnt realise yahoo mail doesnt automatially sort mails for you, unless you pay! I joined the list to try and find out more about the Children Bill - its so hard to find out about it - I havent heard anything in the news.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Got a pile of links on the Children Act - this is a good place to start ARCHLet me know if you want more.

3:27 pm  
Blogger dottyspots said...

I agree about Ebay - it seems a small amount (15p an item) but mounts up with any other bits, unless you're selling something big - but the reserve has to be £50 or over.

I've put on a portcullis and drawbridge (Ostheimer) for £62.99 together - which is pretty much 50% of usual retail price - although on my website they're cheaper than usual retail price too, but still wonder whether they'll sell - I did it as a test to see how it all worked.

8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home