Monday, May 30, 2005

Sunday Science


Following on from the experiments they did at the Skipton group, I was nagged non-stop to get some alka-seltza so we could try it at home. I just happened to see some at the check-out in the co-op, where I got asked whether they were in anticipation of the following morning's hangover. Cheeky. I had to do the experiment based on what the kids told me as I had been occupied with decorating banners at the group and didn't see what was going on outside. This is what we did:
  • Stick alka-seltza tablet to lid of film canister using blue-tack.
  • Put a bit of water in film cannister- I think about a 1/4 full worked best.
  • Put lid on film cannister firmly, turn it upside-down an stand back!
  • Film cannister pops into the air, or just fizzes and bubbles if the lid's not on properly.
  • You can put what's left of the tablet back in with some more water and it works again.
  • You don't have to stick it to the lid at all, but it gives you more time to put the lid on properly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home