Friday, April 29, 2005

There is a massive wasp

in my kitchen: the worst thing about summer, and it's not even that warm. Maybe it's one of last year's, come out of hibernation? do they do this? maybe it's a queen? (shudder). It seems to have knocked itself out on the window. Good.
I don't do anything to wasps nests as they don't come back to the same nest next year. I just try to keep the children away from them. And stop them from blocking up their nest holes, etc.

I 'caught' it on the end of my sweeping brush and put it outside- I just waved it around, trying to gently waft towards the door, and it actually chose to land on it!

O the things we have to do! if I had a job description, what would that come under?

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Health and Safety Officer? Or maybe just Superhero?

5:35 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

I am so wasp phobic, I usually run down the street screaming! I'd squish them but that requires getting near them then I'd probably miss. Gross but I saw a swatter that had an electric charge going through it, least it'd be quick then!!!

11:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home